Friday, December 28, 2007

EIGHT YEARS


We did it, today is our eight year wedding anniversary. And these days, every year counts. I mean technically we could be celebrating five years with all the time Josh is gone, but still we'll take it. We have josh's family in town celebrating with us and so we're headed to a dinner out. Last time we went out on a date to eat was the night before josh left for Islamabad. (By the way I'm so glad he's out of there, it's been crazy the last couple of days!) Oh and the food (on our date) was terrible we're hoping for a better experience this time. My crazy friends decorated my car at two a.m. Then tried to lie about it. Whatever, I'm so on to them and their antics. Anyway, thanks for celebrating with us, too! EIGHT IS GREAT!! We passed the seven year itch...

Here's a tribute to my favorite man -

Eight Years, Three kids, Six states, Four Countries, Two deployments, Six Cars, Three sets of tables and chairs, Two college degrees and a third on the way, six temples, 3 vacations, one home, seven jobs, two foster kids, fourteen callings (jobs in our church), 9,125 diapers, two root canals same tooth, three phone calls to the police, three trips to the emergency room, ZERO tickets, five times pulled over, one assault, a multitude of near death experiences, once only 100 yards away, a million photographs, friends, laughs, tears, mistakes, and prayers.

There's NO ONE I'd rather do this with than you. Love you more today, then eight years ago. Who knew on that cold, rainy, snowy Chicago morning what was in store for us. At that time we maybe had been on five dates... our parents didn't know us, I was scared, I'm sure you were scared, and yet, with blind faith, we began this unbelievable life together. Thanks for making me laugh, for being my calm in the storm, and the King of Charoodles. I love you.

8 comments:

{leah} said...

Congradulations!!!!!It's a big deal now-a-days and it really deserves some high fives, snaps, a party and great big kiss. yeah for the two of you!!

Gwenda said...

Wow! Only five dates before you married? I love hearing how people met, how they fell in love. Some day you'll have to tell me your story. The day I met Dale he was on stage with his fiddle in front of lots and lots of people wearing a skirt! I knew then he had a great sense of humor and he keeps me laughing to this day! BTW: 17 years for us!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Eight years?!? Wow! And no tickets and five pull-overs? You must be the luckiest couple in the whole world!

MaryRuth said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Such a sweet sweet post!!

Would love to hear some of stories behind those tickets, calls to the police and emergency room visits!!

Isabelle Cannon said...

Eight years!! that is awesome. I have to hear the story about only five dates? How long did you date. Obviously, you were made for each other!
Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! Congrats guys!

becca said...

congrats to you both sistah!!! hope your date was nice!

Unknown said...

What a sweet blog! Congrats on 8 years!