Thursday, December 06, 2007

Missing My Camera

These posts are going to get super boring in a hurry! Unlike my sister who is unbelievably talented at writing, I on the otherhand was stuck with the talent of well I don't know, I'm sure there's something!! ;) Which means if my writing was any good at all, I wouldn't need pictures. Oh well, right now I have total faith in Santa Claus, to solve the dilemma.

TWO HOUR DELAY! I remember loving the two hour delays... I got out of seminary which meant at least 3 hours extra of sleep (unless I found out about the delay after I got up and took a shower) which sometimes happened. Oh well, it was still extra sleep, and it felt great. So ta da! Today our first 2 hour delay with Colson in school. EXCEPT, the kids don't appreciate this rarity and cheerfully woke me up by climbing into bed with me at 7 a.m. Nice. So needless to say we spent the morning, doing laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, enjoying a breakfast, and me, yes I decided to head to the Y, even on this blistery cold morning with my two kids. But alas, I arrived at the Y, in my no make-up, haven't showered, completely unmatching attire only to find out NOPE no childcare on delay mornings. Lovely. So I haul both kids, and diaper bag, and workout bag, back to the car. And decide since I'm only 2 minutes from the Wal-mart to suck it up and pick up the few things I need, I'd do it in my unmatching, disheveled self, swallowing all pride. I get home a bit embarassed call my sister who always makes me feel good at times like this, and says, What? You fit right in at the Wal-mart. Sweet, I forgot. It's Target that I would have really stood out... I get off the phone with Bec, and lay Laila down, and as I'm bending over tucking her sweet little body into bed, Hallie shouts MOM, you match!! (It's true I had blue sweat pants, blue sweatshirt nevermind the obvious difference in hues) So there you have it, I shouldn't have worried about it. I matched. Clearly.

And for the final bit of news, I have to say for the first time ever I might be a steelers fan. I know I know, it seems crazy. BUT, I am so rooting for them to beat those stinky Patriots. If there was a team I didn't like more than the Steelers it's the Patriots. So for this weekend and this weekend only ssshhhh!!! GO STEELERS!

3 comments:

Gwenda said...

I enjoy your writing! As I'm reading I can picture your expressions and that little wink you do! So, I'd say you have been blessed with writing skills. And, lets not forget your ability to match sweats -- that's a talent!

becca said...

AAWWEEE so glad I could make you laugh and realize walmart is all about the mismatched sweats, shouting moms, and food grazing. hallie has high class, so if she says you match. do not question. ps. i miss your camera too! lets see some kids!!

Anonymous said...

LOLLOLLOL!!!

*aha...aha*

*wipes tears from laughing*


I laugh because I admit to going to Walmart in my grubbies, because "who's gonna notice?"

"You'll fit right in!" says my husband. Thanks. I'm trying to lift myself up and above that influence. But since I DO shop at WAlmart, it's super easy to justify going in mismatched hues...right?!