Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Missed Firsts

I thought I'd let you know the firsts Josh has missed - Feel free to add to it Josh if I missed something!

Colson's First Airplane Ride
Colson's First day in the nursery
Colson's First Sacrament Presentation
Colson's First day of preschool
Colson's First day of school
Hallie's First appearance into the world
Hallie's First airplane ride
Colson's First talk
Colson's First talk he read by himself
Hallie's First Steps
Hallie's First tooth
Hallie's First steps
Hallie's First smile
Hallie's First Haircut
Colson's First Parent Teacher Conference
Laila's First Tooth
Laila's First Swim

And today another First. Colson's First bus ride to school. Why is that emotional to me? I mean he's been going to school for four months!! This is why there are dads to keep us moms from being so emotional about things.

I didn't even get a picture. Maybe by this afternoon I will have gone to purchase a camera, so I can get a picture of him coming off the bus. I'm a mom that has a hard time letting go, and this was just another step. We're headed to the Y this evening, and I'm working on a scrapbook project for a friend, so I went ahead and let him ride the bus in the morning, so I could save the time and just get into the project and laundry.

I know everyone has their own feelings for their kids. But I just have to write down how I'm impressed with Colson. I couldn't have a better first born. He's such a good example and he's full of courage. Just having him wait I could tell he was nervous but excited, and he just did it. I'm so proud of him. Think of a little guy who couldn't love his dad anymore, but has spent 2 1/2 years away from him. I know his heart aches for his dad, especially when he prays for things like "Please help mommy to be normal again." I just think of the burden he's had to carry so young. He's been through so much, and yet he cheerfully and courageously carries on. With only a week to go, we're ready!

Now Hallie on the otherhand... is currently whining and kicking her feet about not being able to take off her shoes. I'm waiting for her to say "Mom, can you help me please." I'll probably be here all day. Actually one just made it off. With a little more whining and kicking she did it herself. She just popped up standing next to me smiling. Such a woman. ;)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Praise God, there is someone who understands my tears at every ridiculous event. I even cried the first time Kirsten (my foster child) got on the bus. I couldn't believe it. Every new event brings a sense of emotion for me. Kirsten says, "Mommy, are they happy tears?" Yes Kirsten, they are.

Mad Queen said...

Lucy, what a cool surprise to hear from you on my blog! I love it because it got me connected to your blog. The blogging world is a small world indeed. This post made me cry... girl! I have my lot of troubles, but this seems far worse. How long has Josh been gone? How often does he get to come home? You have had another baby since I last saw you, so you must have seen him at some point! Ha ha ha.

Write me when you can...
trostlund@gmail.com

Linds said...

And this should be your number one reason to get out of the Army. I know each job has different deployment possibilities but you've lived your fare share and now it's time to leave it behind! Thanks for sharing, I will bawl like a baby when Lana goes to school, it's a mom thing and I think shows how much we care.
Linds

Emily said...

Well, if Josh is coming home in a week, you certainly can't let the homecoming go by WITHOUT the camera of your dreams!!

We have also missed a lot of firsts in our marriage, but there have been all the ones that weren't missed. Hard to think of that, though, when it seems like they are gone most of the time.

emily G

Gwenda said...

Wow! He missed the birth of Hallie? That breaks my heart! I'm sure it broke Josh's heart too!