Wednesday, December 26, 2007

We are alive!

If you're like me, you've been swamped. We've been loving having Josh home, and I no longer feel quite the obligation to keep this thing updated. But here's the latest, in no particular order:

SUGAR COOKIES - YUMM-O




Totally Fun Christmas Gift - I think I'm the last to know of it, but my friend Lindsay hooked us up with this game Don't Eat Pete! A fun family game where one family member heads out of the room, we pick an m & m, he's Pete, the family member comes back and starts picking candies until, they try to eat Pete and the rest of us scream DON'T EAT PETE!! We've had so much fun with this one! Thanks Linds!

My mom sent us this wreath as a Homecoming Celebration gift! It's gorgeous, and smells great, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the touch of American Flag ribbon!


Did I mention it rocks to have Josh home??

Oh, and because once again I'm actually cooking...Here's some fabulous things I've made: ROASTED CHICKEN NACHOS WITH GREEN CHILI CHEESE SAUCE AND FRESH SALSA, Dang Good. And the kids and I have been loving Pomegranite Season... So I decided to mix it up a bit and include Fresh Pineapple... Josh said this could be the best fruit salad ever, so yummy. Also, a new family FavoriteShrimp, Broccoli, and Sun-dried Tomatoes Scampi with Angel Hair Tonight's menu? Turkey Breast, cranberry salad, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli! I bet you wished you lived closer!!



Christmas Eve - So fun and relaxing. Laila was up and Josh told her, "Laila you are not to speak of the things that happened here this evening." Her one and only witness to the actual events of Christmas Eve. Also, did I mention we make reindeer food?? Glitter and Oatmeal, baby. And Colson thought we should put out nine bowls of water for the reindeer, not this year hon. But, somehow that reindeer food is gone?!? How does he do that?!? I will say though, that we attempt to make Christmas Eve our own family thing, we dress up the kids, we read the scripture story. And since then, Hallie has been seen dressing up as Mary at least three times.


Christmas Day - Did I mention how great it was to have Josh home? Josh and Colson spent FOUR HOURS working on this master creation of legos. I'm a sucker for educational toys. And this one is crazy... I think they had fun doing it, but so much for my kitchen table, I'm not sure I'll ever get it back!! Laila had fun opening her first present, and Josh was here to witness it! Hallie, LOVED her Disney Princess Cash Register, and can I just say Thanks to the grandparents that paid for two months of lessons! I'm so excited to have Colson back in swimming, and Hallie is taking her first lessons... gymnastics. Should be fun.






And Finally. We're booked. We're headed to Florida in February. It's going to be awesome, can't wait!

7 comments:

Gwenda said...

Had to smile at the picture of Josh holding Laila and Colson. Josh and Laila look so much a like now that he is clean shaven!

Love the pic of Laila looking over her gift!

Lori said...

Having your children dress up was the best & most precious idea I've ever heard. Do you do that every year? (had to use a different baby of course!)

Harmony said...

Okay, these are some AWESOME pictures! Is this the new camera? What is it and where can I get one? :-)

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Hope to see you soon!

becca said...

awe!! this is a great entry! NICE camera!! Love the lego photos. very cool. and the food looks yum! you guys have been busy since you have not been calling me every few hours. Did I mention how glad I am that Josh is home? He looks good with less hair too. Enjoy the fam visit. Happy Holidays to you guys! kiss the cutest nativity stars ever!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I want you to post a picture of the annoying chicken...and I'm still not sorry! :)

Th. said...

.

Your daughter looks so much like you. And I can't hardly believe it's been eight years although, duh, obvious. We'll be at eight in a few months, so of course you would have hit it already.