Saturday, December 08, 2007

Favorite Things




I'm sitting listening to the sound of my dishwasher in the quiet of my home thinking about the last few hours and what a great evening it was, I have to share!!

Ever see Oprah's Favorite Things Show?? I swiped this fantastic idea to host my own Favorite Things Party with ten friends. I had to limit the invitations because I didn't want to have everyone spend a crazy amount... Anyway, each person brought ten of their favorite things, so we each get to take one of everything home. We each talked about why we chose it... and oh my heck it was AWESOME!!

Here's what we got -

Limited Edition Febreze Pine and Snow scented
Nutello
HOMEMADE peanut brittle, Mozartkugel - can't wait to try it
Chocolates - Yummy Variety
Hot Cocoa and Baklava
Cinnamon scented air freshener which is definitely Sonia's house!
Dish soap holder and cloth - (We also learned a new trick about putting this cloth in the dishwasher, don't worry Linds, I didn't take it personal ;)
HOMEMADE salsa
MARYKAY giftcard, with some product, sweet!
Turbie Twist Towel

I hope everyone that came had a great night, I laughed so much!! Sharing my Fort Meade friends with some new Hanover friends, was great. It's hard to leave a ward you're used to, we've spent the last five years in military wards, and coming to a different ward has been a little hard. It probably doesn't help that Josh has been gone, but it was great to be with some of the sisters outside of the church building, you really get to know people better. Thanks everybody for coming, it meant a lot to me! I only have a week left, (about) and it made this weekend perfect.

I really wish I had my camera... I have tears!!(By the way Lori thanks for the pics, she emailed me quick!) Aaaagh, I must get more emotional as the time gets close for Josh to come home! I just hope whoever reads this, can have amazing women in their lives. I feel so fortunate to know some stellar, beautiful, faithful, hardworking, dedicated women, who can lift me, and inspire me, thanks to these women:

Linds
Karen
Sonia
Sarah
Crystal
Maren
April
Lori
Viviane

You rock. Love ya!

Lucy









9 comments:

becca said...

what great pictures!! im so glad it turned out fun and you enjoyed yourself!!

The Galan Family said...

Where's the pic with our turbie twist towels on?? You threw a really fun party Lucy! Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I had a great time!!! I had a blast trying to figure out what to bring, and once I did, trying to get it ready! I absolutely love learning about other people and this was a great way to do just that!!!

Gwenda said...

What a neat idea! Nice pictures!

Emily said...

How sad am I that I'm not in Maryland!?! Looks like you had a great time.. Counting down with you. Hope you have a great week!

Crystal said...

I used my turbie twist this morning and it was awesome!

Thanks for throwing a fabulous party!

Linds said...

I'm with Sarah, where's the group turbie photo? It may be better that you didn't post it on your blog, we probably look pretty funny. It was a blast Lucy, you host a great party! Love Linds

Mad Queen said...

Way cool party! I had not heard of such a thing. But as I read this post, I had a million thoughts about what I would bring to such a party. Fist one on the list... lemon fresh pine sol (I HATE regular pine sol, but lemon fresh has that "new house" smell). I can't get that here in Japan. I MISS it. I also like scrub free bleach... can't get that here either... bummer. I may need to do this party someday. Way cool.

-Tracey Ostlund

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! When you move to Utah someday, we'll have to do that here. :)