Sunday, March 02, 2008

Birthday Girl



Here she is my baby girl. Not so much anymore. She turns four today. Can you believe that?? FOUR. So I've already crossed the threshold of being a mother when I had this little one, but your first girl. What can you say about that?!? My dad always said I would have SEVEN boys to make up for me as a child, I honestly pictured myself with four boys, no girls. Maren, this is you!! I knew that was my future. Josh and I never find out what we're having, we love the surprise. It keeps me from spending unnecessary loot, on cute sales clothes, and well, it gives me something to say when the baby comes! With Colson I knew it was a boy. With Hallie, deep down, I kind of thought she was a girl. I made a baby announcement with both a boy's version/girl's version just in case! Sure enough, my little girl had arrived. And dad, I didn't need seven boys. I needed one Hallie. Oh my is she a mini me. (personality wise)

Hallie was born in Indiana, while I was living with my mom temporarily. Our lease began March 1st. Yeah, you do the math. Another exciting adventure for the Heaths. She was born I think at 2:30 p.m., My water broke as soon as I got up, actually it's what woke me up. That was fun. Thankfully my mom was still home, and took me to my sisters who was going to be with me through the process of it. This one I had to do alone, Josh was at the end of his training in Texas getting ready to deploy to Korea, and we didn't want him to miss the final tests. (hindsight, we should have said screw it flew him home, and delayed him, he would have then missed the Iraq fiasco, but whatever, it was meant to be)So Bec and I headed to the hospital, where they basically induced me because nothing was happening. This was by far the worst doctor on the planet she was a disaster. Originally an English Teacher, decided to go to med school, and here she was an ob. I begged the nurse to not call her in time. I promised not to sue. BUt to no avail she arrived in time. Although here's a warning to you all that don't find out, it doesn't happen very often so they foget to tell you that it's a .... So finally someone said it was a girl, and Becca was amazing, she called Josh right away and he was able to hear all the first cries of Hallie, somehow he missed the next eighteen months of them!! Lucky duck. Anyway, this was by far the most emotional of deliveries. It is no fun doing it alone. The emotions are intense no matter what, and to throw the absence of dad in the mix, is like a perfect storm for an emotional women. Brandee I'm coming!! :) Either way, my sister was fun, she was definitely the person that brought me some good laughs, right when I needed it. My mom came through for me then too, and showed up with all kinds of fun things for the kids and I. I think secretly she was ready for me to move out! :)

Well about Hallie. If you know me, then you know Hallie. She's intense, passionate, strong, opinionated, loud, rash, and all those wonderful things that are me! Josh recently pictured me as a little girl in his head and had started laughing out loud. He could totally picture it. She's really me.

She is loving gymnastics, has started "writing", can shoot a gun as easy as Colson, while wearing princess shoes, and jewels. I love her ability to communicate, and her great laugh. She drives me crazy with her finger sucking, and her attitude. Oh, and well her incessant demands. i am not wearing that, I not going to the grocery, I not want a pony tail. She often hides her brush from me, while we are getting ready in the morning. She used to hoard food, which was funny, I don't know why she would do that but I would find half eaten cookies, crackers, or bars in her drawers, so wierd!

She is a fantastic eater, she's the favorite to cook for because she will eat anything. Oh except worms (shrimp).

I've been meaning to do a scrapbook page called "Swimsoups and Sunscream." I love her little words, like Squares. What are those, nope not the shape. The things in the yard that run around and collect nuts. Yup, you got it. Squirrels.

She too has been a sport, and considering her dad showed up when she was eighteen months, she's bonded well. She resembles her Grandpa Heath, and I love it. I can totally picture him sometimes when I look at her, and I just love that she's a great combination of heaths and me.

So here's to the princess turning four today. We love you, and happy 4th.

6 comments:

Gwenda said...

I enjoyed reading Hallie's words for things! So cute, especially "swimsoups"!

Another great photogragh!

Des said...

Happy Birthday! It's funny because she was born on Kort's due date. He was late. I was so miserable I will NEVER forget those last days. And you were in the hospital having your beautiful baby...Alone
If we knew each other back then I would have been so jealous of your water braking. Not your endeaver of going through delivery alone though...that is for sure. They have grown so fast haven't they? Kort is 3 days younger.

{leah} said...

I did Tommy alone, boy you sure do learn a lot from that! Happy Birthday Hallie! Lucy, I remember you prego in Monterey, She was born after James. It'sfun to watch other kids grow, even if it is far away.

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a cute tribute to a spectacular girl!! Happy birthday Hallie!

4 boys was NOT what I had anticipated 12 years ago. Being the oldest of 4 girls, THAT was what I was supposed to have! But once the boys started coming and didn't stop, I was soooo relieved it turned out that way!

becca said...

aWe!! she has grown up so fast already!! Hallie is my special niece! It was so amazing to see a child born as a bystander, instead of the one doing all the work! Thanks for needing me during that stressful time! We had some good laughs didn't we? Always glad to be your comic relief! Hallie is so crazy, and I agree with you, Lucy, she is totally you! My fave Hallie story is when I came to visit and you ran out for a few minutes. I told her to brush her teeth and she put her hands on her hips and gave me a lucy stare and said, "you are not the boss!" Little does Hallie know I am an expert in 'lucy' and am totally up to the challenge to handle her!Once I threatened to tell her mom she wised right up. Aparently she is an expert in 'lucy' too! Happy Birthday Hallie Jane!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hallie!!!!!!!! We miss you and love you!
Uncle Jared, Aunt Kimmie and Cousin Andy!!!!!