Thursday, March 06, 2008

Who's raising hoodlums? Not me.


Or so I thought.

Hallie was changing into pajamas the other night, and informed me that she peed outside. You're not wet, you didn't pee your pants. I know I took them off. What do you mean you took them off? I peed in the grass. You peed in the grass? Yep. You mean to tell me you took off your pants and peed in the grass. Yep. Where did you go? Right there. Colson why didn't you tell me that Hallie was peeing in the yard. I tried to tell daddy but he wasn't listening. ah ha. Mom's sick. The house falls apart. Um. sorry to the sweet old lady neighbors that witnessed said event. I so thought I was doing better at this parenting thing.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

i love these little moments! Hilarious.

Erin said...

I think it is awesome that she had the courage to pee in the grass. Not many girls will do that. It will serve her well for camping. I hope you are feeling better soon Lucy!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! What a funny story! It's awesome that you blogged it too...keep it for future use.

Amy said...

I am pretty impressed the she COULD pee in the yard. the girl's got talent.

Anonymous said...

Yay, your family is NORMAL!

I never forget walking outside into the backyard and seeing at least 2 of the 4 boys standing side by side, peeing into the corner of our yard.

Horror...sheer horror.

Emily said...

LOL! This makes me think of Chris and his 'manly' pee breaks he would do all over my mom's backyard!
emily g

becca said...

dont we all wish we had hallie's guts to just go when and wherever we choose?

MaryRuth said...

LOL!! Too funny!!

LNJ said...

oh come on! we've all done it, I was always jealous of my brothers. When we were little, they'd just go behind the shed when we were outside playing, and I'd have to go all the way in the house! I admit, the last time I did it was last summer at the Dave Matthew's concert, no way I was standing in that line! I have a hippie friend that encourages everyone to go outside to conserve water. yay to Hallie for living green!